Alleged and infamous Twitter hacker finally arrested, sources report.
The FBI in cooperation with the French Police this week arrested the alleged Twitter hacker known only as “Hacker Croll. The 25 year old suspect allegedly stole corporate documents from the social networking giant in 2009. He also hacked into several notable Twitter accounts, including Britney Spears and Ashton Kutcher.
Little is known about Hacker Croll’s actual identity, but he is reportedly a 25 year-old unemployed man from the French city of Claremont-Ferrand who lives at home with his parents. Croll is due to appear in French court on June 24.
Croll conducted an interview with TechCrunch last year in which he indicated he did not hack Twitter out of malice, rather merely to show the company how easy it was to do in the hopes they’d patch up security holes. And the Ashton Kutcher thing, well, he did that just for fun.
The AFP is reporting that Croll may face up to two-years in prison.
- Twitter Got Hacked – The Explanation
- A bountiful bevy of helpful Twitter links to help you Tweet like a pro
- Five social media trends to look out for in 2010
- Twitter says Spam has been drastically reduced on their website
- SEO anaylst Maryann Robbins appears on podcast discussing new content ideas and holes in content