China’s top three social networking sites – Some new faces
China has been long been known as a lover of social networking sites. The top three traffic getters, however, feature no familiar faces to us Westerners. Let’s take a look, shall we?
Renren.com – This site started out as Facebook clone but soon blew up to be the most popular social networking site in China. It has gotten so big that it’s even began dictating social networking norms across the ocean. For instance, popular Facebook game Farmville originated on this site. The one to look out for.
Xiaonei.com- This site also borrowed a lot from Facebook upon it’s inception. It even had the same layout and that same shade of blue. Many Chinese nationals even wondered if the site was formally affiliated withthe big Face. It’s since, however, come into it’s own and gobbled up lots of the marketshare.
Kaixin001.com – This site is very popular and is known for attracting white collar middle class people in top tier cities. The site has become very valuable due to the fact that it attracts a wealthy userbase.
- The Social Media Revolution: Statistics Show Social Media Isn’t A Fad Anymore
- White House Press Secretary joins Twitter – Interacts with ordinary Americans
- US Defense Department finally lifts ban of social networking sites
- Introducing Daily SEO Tip – Your daily source for SEO tips.
- Get Started With Social Media