Web Directory & Internet Yellow Pages Submission
Directory submission involves submitting the URL of a website or web pages to general and vertical web directories and Internet Yellow Pages for inclusion in their search indexes. Directories employ human editors to review websites’ submissions and have those editors edit site titles and description summaries and place these pages in categories that are relevant to them. Website listings appear on the directory result pages when the users perform search queries using keywords that are embedded in the titles and summary descriptions of the web sitelistings.
General Web Directories
Submission to directories requires research to determine the most appropriate categories that apply to the submitted page content, as well as to the composition of keyword-rich titles and summary descriptions compatible with the editorial guidelines of the directory. Page titles and summary descriptions written in the “style” of the directory editor have a greater chance of being accepted with minimal or no editing.
All major general directories, except for Open Directory, and many 2nd-tier directories, follow the paid inclusion model. In return for the paid inclusion fee, editors review newly submitted sites for a possible inclusion in the directory. Most sites that comply with the editorial guidelines and have good content are usually accepted.
Directory submission services include the following:
- Analyzing the directories to determine which categories competitors are listed, and what type of descriptions their sites have.
- Identifying the appropriate directory categories for your website.
- Review and fix broken links and other errors that may hinder submission of the website.
- Determine the keywords to be included in the page titles and site summary descriptions.
- Compose titles and site summary descriptions for your site, according to the directory’s submission guidelines.
- Submission of the website to the Yahoo! Directory, Business.com, ODP and a large number of second-tier directories.
- Verify that the website has been accepted into the correct category and follow up with search editors to reverse any changes to the listings that deem inconsistent with your marketing goals.
Currently, Yahoo! and Business.com are charging a $299.00 annual inclusion fee to get listed in their directory. Annual website inclusion fees for general and vertical second-tier directories range from $20 to $100.
Internet Yellow Pages
Internet Yellow Page Directories are online versions of traditional printed Yellow Pages that contain local business listings and Yellow Page advertising. The major Internet Yellow Page Directories provide a cost-effective solution to businesses seeking to attract local customers via the Web.
Internet Yellow Page Directories not only drive local traffic naturally from their business listing, but also many Yellow Page listings are also appearing near the top within the organic search results at Yahoo and Google on local keyword searches. This is the result of algorithm changes at Google, search technology at Yahoo and the effort Switchboard, YellowPages.com, SuperPages.com and other Yellow Page directories put in to make their business listings more spider-friendly.
Our Directory Submission program supports the following Internet Yellow Page Directories:
- Magic Yellow
- Yahoo Local Yellow Pages
Internet Yellow Page Directory listings also appear on hundreds of partners’ websites.
Our experienced search engine marketing specialists can help you determine which Internet Yellow Pages Directory listings are most appropriate for your local search advertising media mix.
webRulon does not mark up any directory charges.