Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Natural or organic search engine optimization is the employment of a combination of both “on-the-page” and “off-the-page” tactics to improve the rankings of web pages on search engines across a defined set of keyword phrases. “On-the-page” search engine optimization typically includes the addition of search terms to the page title and copy of a web page, while “off-the-page” search engine optimization is concentrated around the acquisition of inbound links. An effective search engine optimization (SEO) campaign can result in top placements in the search results and lead to more targeted website traffic.
Image and Video Search Optimization
When web images and video are optimized for search, they can appear within Google, Bing or Yahoo! “main” search results and in prominent positions in the “vertical” image and video search engines and provide for an attractive additional website traffic source.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Overview
A strategic comprehensive search engine optimization program starts with the development of a SEO plan, including a website review, keyword research and selection, competitive analysis and a SEO tactical plan.
Attributes that contribute to content indexing and high rankings in search engine listings can be categorized into six major components:
- Keyword research
- Keyword optimization (SEO copywriting) of website content
- Web page construction, page code optimization and image search optimization
- Site architecture, URL structure, site navigation and internal link analysis
- Link popularity and external link analysis
- Web server configuration/Domain name issues/Duplicate content issues
Our goal is to rank a client’s website in top positions on the organic search result pages of the major search engines. We first identify the measurable client goals and objectives, then select the optimum target keywords and optimize the page content and/or create keyword-targeted information pages which we integrate into the website. Those pages are carefully crafted to target two to three keyword phrases. We also pay close attention to link building, specific strategies for increasing the number of inbound links from other websites, which result in higher rankings and more traffic.
The website content, page construction, site navigation, HTML coding, site architecture and page URL’s can have a significant impact on the ultimate success of a SEO. Therefore, as part of the search engine optimization effort, our SEO consultants will implement the website content, navigation and site architectural changes necessary to make it easy for search engines to index website content and to determine page relevancy for ranking.
Some top listings will appear in the search results within four to five days after submission when paid inclusion services are used. This is the case with websites submitted to Yahoo!, AllTheWeb and AltaVista through the Yahoo! Search Submit paid inclusion program. Free inclusion, (through a free crawl, without guaranteed listing, into Yahoo!, Google, Bing and other major search engines), may take up to six months for websites with new domain names. New website content pages and updates to existing web pages usually are crawled within 30 days and appear in the index and search results within two weeks to three months.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
Our search engine optimization program includes a detailed review of a prospective client’s website for the purpose of developing a search engine optimization strategy and implementation plan.
Website Analysis and Strategy Development
The website analysis and strategic development phase of our search engine optimization (SEO) services includes the following:
- Review of the client’s goals for visibility and website’s objectives
- Assessment of website usability, content and messaging, visual design, customer communication and feedback
- Thorough research of a website’s online competition, in terms of visibility across the target keyword phrases and the identification of other opportunities within the search engine space
- Conduct competitive link analysis
- Identify the search terms under which the website should be found
- Generate a complete report on the current standing of the website’s rankings for those search terms
- Conduct a website code, architecture and site navigation review to determine that search engine are able to crawl the website correctly
- Evaluate any web server configuration or domain name and duplicate content issues that may prohibit search engine crawlers from correctly crawling and indexing the website
- Identify HTML code and page conditions that may cause spiders to remove the site from the index due to unintentional spamming
- Develop a search engine optimization (SEO) implementation plan
Search Engine Optimization Implementation
Our implementation process includes, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Writing and implementation or editing of page titles and meta tags
- Implementation of search engine “friendly” coding, site navigation and website structural changes to make it easy for search engines to crawl the content of web pages and determine their relevancy for ranking
- Fixing broken links and eliminating your error messages
- Development of high quality content optimized for humans and search engines and templates for keyword-targeted content pages
- Integration of keyword-targeted content pages into main website. We include links on these pages to guide the search engine spider through the website content
- Acquire inbound links from popular related websites and web directories and through link baiting campaigns to improve link popularity
Any payments to the search engines in the form of paid inclusion fees are quoted separately. webRulon does not mark up any paid inclusion fees.
Image Search Optimization
Our process for image search optimization at Google, Yahoo, AOL Search, Ask and Bing includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Image files naming with relevant search-friendly and keyword-rich file names
- Implementation of relevant keyword-rich ALT and TITLE attribute descriptions
- Writing and placement of keyword-optimized photo captions
When a hosted website video is properly optimized and crawled by the video search engines or posted to social media networking and video sharing websites, it can reach a large viewing audience for a minimal investment.
More and more web users are using general-purpose search engines, video search engines and the search function within social networking and video sharing sites to find video clips. This is causing a shift in the practice of search engine optimization from primarily text-based content optimization to optimization of integrated media components such video.
From an implementation standpoint video optimization or video SEO fall into two distinctive categories: hosted or website video SEO and posted video SEO
Website video SEO focuses primarily on on-page text optimization of the page the video resides on and video meta-data optimization because most video search engine crawlers cannot determine from the video content what the video is about.
Posted video SEO primarily deals with preparing video for the requirements of the social networking or online video sharing websites (e.g. YouTube, Revver) that the video will be uploaded to and hosted on.
Before starting with video search optimization it is important to develop a plan that describes the video requirements of the video search engines, video sharing websites and social networking sites to which the video is going to be submitted. This is an important first step because the search engines are all different and the video specifications of each search engine and social networking site is unique. The video optimization plan should at least include keyword research to identify the most popular keywords that are related to the video content and subject of the video and video production requirements, e.g. which file format(s) to use. To cover all bases offer three video formats (Flash, Windows Media file and QuickTime) when posting video on a web page and one format (e.g. Flash) for submission of video files to social networking and video sharing sites should be used.
Our video search optimization services include the following components:
Website video SEO
- Video SEO keyword research and planning
- Video page text optimization using basic SEO tactics
- In-file video meta data optimization
- Video XML site map construction and submission
- RSS/MRSS feeds
- Video file name optimization
- Link building
Posted video SEO
- Video SEO keyword research and planning
- In-file video meta data optimization
- Submitting video files by upload, including writing keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and keyword tagging
Contact us or call 1-800-385-7140, ext 3 for more information.
Monthly Search Engine Maintenance Program
Once web pages have been indexed in the natural or organic listings of the major crawler-based search engines, they may maintain their top-ranking positions for a long time. However, since the search engines constantly change, the methods they use to determine page rankings, web pages may also decline in position quickly or get dropped completely. To maintain top-ranking positions once they have been established, we offer a Monthly Search Engine Maintenance Program.
This service includes:
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on ranking positions (ranking report)
- Re-optimization of any pages that have declined in position or have been dropped from the search engine index at AOL Search, Bing, Google, Ask and Yahoo!
- Development of additional keyword-targeted information pages for keywords currently not targeted
- Maintenance of existing links and acquisition of additional inbound links from popular and related websites and social media websites to improve link popularity
- Monitoring of search engine business activities such as strategic alliances, joint ventures, new business models and how this may affect rankings in the major crawler-based search engines and web directories