The best in graphic design and fonts in 2009
Oh what a year it’s been in graphic design! A year that saw, among other things, the Yale logo undergo a major redesign. Hell, even the city of Philadelphia went under the Photoshop knife. Here are links leading you to the best and worst 2009 had to offer in the worlds of graphic design and fonts:
* Underconsideration.com unveiled it’s best and worst of 2009 list recently. This list chronicles the year’s various redesigns, from Yale(pictured) to Kraft Foods and everything in between. It’s essential reading for you graphic designers who want to learn what makes or breaks a logo redesign.
* Smashing Magazine is back with it’s list of popular web design trends of 2009. Learn what new styles and techniques took over websites this year, including PING transparency which is pictured above. The list is exhaustive and features dozens upon dozens of ideas and techniques for the would-be web designer.
* Thedesigncubicle offers up it’s own links resource, a list of links pertaining to Twitter graphic design. From logos to fonts and everything inbetween, these links will make you a graphic design hero in 140 characters or less. Also, check out the non-Twitter links as well.
* The kind folks over at graphicdesignblog.org have compiled a list of the top trends in logos for the year. They run the gamut from the unique(puzzle patterns, pictured above.) to the obvious(typographic logos and classical design.) Peruse the list and maximize the effectiveness of your logos!
Well that’s it! Enjoy the holidays and we all know 2010 will offer up more of the same: Lots of innovations in the world of graphic design.
- 20 Inspirational Resources for Logos and Logotypes – Get Creative!
- 30 Creative Illustrator Logo Design Tecniques and Tutorials »
- A bountiful bevy of helpful Photoshop links for the holidays
- A few helpful typography links to kick your fonts into high gear
- 20 Corporate Graphic Design Samples