Internet Marketing Business Plan
The Internet Marketing Plan is designed for businesses that want to create or improve the brand awareness, revenue/lead generation and customer retention capability of their current web site or determine the potential ROI of a new online business or online marketing campaign.
The Internet Marketing Plan includes a thorough evaluation of the potential revenue generating capability of the clients’ website and the present online marketing activities against the overall business objectives and goals. The plan provides implementation tactics and actionable recommendations in areas of website usability, content development, web design, search engine marketing, email marketing, online media placement and other online marketing techniques.
The 5 key components covered in the Internet Marketing Plan are: Market Analysis, Internet Marketing Strategy, Website Development and Analysis, Internet Marketing Implementation Plan & ROI, Review Process and Delivery.
The market analysis section covers a market analysis of the clients’ business niche, a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threads) and an online competitive analysis.
- Market Analysis
The market analysis determines the market trends, market characteristics and needs, market size and market position of the clients’ current products, services and website.
- Strengths, Weaknesses and Threats
The SWOT section of the plan determines the strengths and weaknesses of the clients’ products or services and identifies any technology and competitive threats that may impact the clients’ goals and objectives.
- Online Competitive Analysis
webRulon conducts an online competitive analysis that includes a review of the clients’ 3 major online competitors, including an evaluation of their offerings (products and services), pricing, merchandising strategy, online market position, online marketing strategy, media mix, online visibility and website effectiveness/conversion rate.
- Products and Services
This section describes the clients’ products and services, pricing and customer support programs.
- Online Opportunity
The online opportunity section provides an assessment of the Internet marketing opportunity in the areas covered by the plan.
Internet Marketing Strategy
This section of the Internet Marketing Plan covers the mission statement for the online business, measurable client goals and objectives, budget, the target market segments and focus, online products or services positioning, current and future online media mix, online visibility and strategy. This section also explores the integration with offline marketing activities.
Website Development and Conversion Enhancements
The website development and conversion enhancements section provides an expert review of the conversion capability, content and usability of the clients’ website. The review covers the following areas:
- Content and messaging
- Site architecture and navigation
- Information architecture/hierarchy
- Visual design/Presentation and layout
- Website usability
- Website functionality
- Customer communication and feedback
- Trust and confidence building
- Overall user experience
- Error handling
Internet Marketing Implementation Plan and ROI
Based on the findings from the previous sections, webRulon will prepare an Internet marketing Implementation Plan that defines the online marketing strategy, optimum mix of online media, website content and functionality to give the clients’ Internet Marketing project the maximum online visibility, website conversion rate and ROI. Depending on the clients’ goals and budget the plan will describe the detailed implementation and estimated cost of the following areas of Internet marketing:
- Creative development, e.g. text ads and special landing page development
- Website development/site conversion enhancement
- Search engine marketing
- Keyword research and selection
- Search engine optimization and directory submission
- Paid search (Submission of keyword data and ad text to the search ad networks and product feeds to shopping comparison search engines)
- Online media planning and buying (Online display ad placement through direct media buys at publisher sites or through ad networks)
- Keyword-based contextual advertising
- Internet Yellow Page submission
- E-mail marketing
- Social media marketing
- Online word of mouth marketing
- Internet marketing campaign implementation, ongoing campaign management and cost
- Return on investment projections
Review Process and Delivery
The online market research, competitive analysis, strategic positioning evaluation and the development of the Internet Marketing Implementation Plan are performed by our experienced Internet marketing experts and web development staff who have years of experience in online marketing and website development. The process is as follows:
- Review of the clients’ business objectives and goals
- Initial visit to the clients’ website and the search engines to start the evaluation
- Preparation and delivery of a written 20-25 page Internet Marketing Plan
- Follow-up session by phone or in person at our offices to review the plan