Search Engine Marketing Plan
The Search Engine Marketing Plan is designed for online businesses, corporations and organizations that want to improve their brand awareness, revenue/lead generation and the customer retention capability of their current website and search engine marketing program.
The Search Engine Marketing Plan includes a thorough evaluation of the potential revenue and lead generating capability of the clients’ current website, search engine marketing strategy and tactics against the overall business objectives and goals. New website development and search marketing projects are evaluated on their online market potential and ROI. The search engine marketing plan also provides actionable recommendations and implementation strategies in areas of website usability, content development, web design and search engine marketing.
The five key components covered in the Search Engine Marketing Plan are: Market Analysis, Search Engine Marketing Strategy, Website Analysis and Conversion Enhancements, Implementation Plan & Review Process and Delivery. The plan outline includes the following:
Market Analysis Overview
The market analysis section covers a market analysis of the clients’ business niche, a SWOT analysis (strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threads) and an online competitive analysis.
- Market Analysis
The market analysis determines the market trends, market size, target market needs and the online market positioning of the clients’ products, services and website.
- Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats (SWOT) Analysis
The strength s and weaknesses (SWOT) section of the plan determines the strengths and weaknesses of the clients, products or services, and identifies any technology and competitive threats that may impact the clients’ goals and objectives.
- Online Competitive Analysis
The online competitive analysis includes a review of the clients’ 3 major competitors in the search marketing space and evaluates their online offerings (products and services), pricing, merchandising strategy, online market position, search engine marketing strategy and media mix, online visibility and website design, usability, information architecture and effectiveness/conversion rate.
- Products and Services
This section describes the client’s products and services, pricing and customer support programs.
- Online Opportunity
The online opportunity section of the plan determines the search engine marketing opportunity, including the number of searches per month performed on the clients’ business keyword phrases.
Search Engine Marketing Strategy
The search marketing strategy section of the plan covers the mission statement for the online business, measurable client goals and objectives, budget, the target market segments and focus, online products or services positioning, current and future search media mix, search engine visibility and strategy. This section also explores the integration with offline marketing activities.
Website Usability Analysis and Conversion Enhancements
The Website Usability Analysis and Conversion Enhancements section provides an expert review of the content, usability, information architecture, and conversion capability of the clients’ website. The review covers the following areas:
- Content and messaging
- Site architecture and navigation
- Information architecture/hierarchy
- Visual design, presentation and layout
- Website usability
- Website functionality
- Customer communication and feedback
- Trust and confidence building
- User engagement
- Overall user experience
- Error handling
Search Engine Marketing Implementation Plan and ROI
webRulon will prepare a Search Engine Marketing Implementation Plan that defines the search engine marketing strategy, optimum mix of search media, website content and functionality to give the clients’ website and search engine marketing program the maximum online visibility, conversion rate and ROI. Depending on the clients’ goals and budget the plan will describe the detailed implementation and estimated cost of the following areas of search engine marketing:
- Creative development, e.g. text ads and special landing page development.
- Website development or conversion enhancements.
- Keyword research and selection.
- Search engine optimization and directory submission.
- Paid search (submission text ads to paid search ad networks and product feeds to shopping comparison search engines).
- Internet Yellow Page submission.
- Search engine marketing campaign implementation, ongoing campaign management and cost.
- Return on investment projections.
Review Process and Delivery
The online market research competitive analysis, strategic positioning and the development of the search engine marketing implementation plan are performed by our experienced search engine marketing experts and web development staff who have years of experience in search engine marketing and wb site development. The process is as follows:
- Review of the clients’ business objectives and goals.
- Initial visit to the clients’ website and the search engines to start the evaluation.
- Preparation and delivery of a written 20-25 page Search Engine Marketing Plan.
- Follow-up session by phone or in person at our offices to review the plan.