White House Press Secretary joins Twitter – Interacts with ordinary Americans
White House Press Secretary is taking it the people, Twitter style. He signed up for the popular social networking site last week, claiming his deputy Bill Burton had been using it and it looked like “great fun.” He ha racked up thousands of followers in the scant few days he’s been involved with the popular site. He hasn’t gone crazy with the posts, either. He has mostly used the site to ask for help on how to use the site. Cyclical much Mr. Gibbs? Here are some of the nice and crazy Twitter responses to his pleas for help:
dynomitethings: The 1st tip is free: Don’t refer to it as “The Twitter.”
patrickroddy: @PressSec Try not to make it all business. This can be great tool to humanize yourself.
Kajivar: @PressSec Ignore the anonymous crazies who are going to spam you with vicious insults. That’d be my biggest tip.
fleckman: Shouldn’t Gibbs new twitter acct be @PressSUK instead of @PressSec
rosecityken: @PressSec say more here than you do in press conferences, you will cut out like 250 “uhhhh’s” in like 5 mins time.
Follow the esteemed Mr. Gibbs at @PressSec.
- Twitter says Spam has been drastically reduced on their website
- Power Twitter add-on gets new update for Firefox – Safari and Chrome on the way
- Eight essential Twitter tools for business
- A bountiful bevy of helpful Twitter links to help you Tweet like a pro
- Twitter for E-mail Marketing