Search Marketing Strategies.
We help clients connect directly with prospects online, generate sales, and build brands. We develop customized, result-oriented, full-service search engine marketing programs that tightly integrate search engine optimization (SEO), video search marketing, paid search advertising, and mobile search for maximum ROI.
Our full service search engine marketing (SEM) program includes strategy development, keyword analysis, search engine optimization for “blended search” listings at the major general search engines, image and video search optimization (video SEO) for “vertical” specialty search engines and the purchase and management of PPC (pay-per-click) search advertising.
Our team of web development, web marketing and search engine optimization specialists represent many years of shared experience and a thorough understanding of web design, the major crawler-based search engines, PPC search advertising, paid inclusion programs, shopping comparison product feed optimization, mobile search and other online advertising tactics.
- In-depth knowledge of general and “vertical” search engine crawling, indexing and ranking algorithms
- Web directory submission guidelines, search engine strategic alliances, partnerships and business models
- Deep knowledge of keyword research methodologies and hands-on experience with a wide variety of keyword research tools
- Solid understanding of user search behaviors
- Expert level search engine research skills
- Copy writing and editing skills
- Thorough understanding and experience with desktop/mobile PPC search, PPC search ad networks, search engine and search engine paid inclusion programs
- Expertise and experience with “search-engine friendly” web design, web site usability, information architecture and conversion optimization
- Expert knowledge in statistical analysis and web analytics software
Search Marketing Services
- Search Engine Optimization
- PPC Search Management
- Local Search Marketing
- Link Building
- Directory Submission
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization or SEO is the practice of gaining high-ranking website, video or image listings for relevant keyword phrases on the organic search results pages of the major general search engines and “vertical” video and image search engines.
webRulon provides clients with full-service search engine optimization services, including the development of a search engine optimization plan, keyword research and selection, new content development, content keyword optimization, link building and ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
Natural or organic search engine optimization is the employment of a combination of both “on-the-page” and “off-the-page” tactics to improve the rankings of web pages on search engines across a defined set of keyword phrases. “On-the-page” search engine optimization typically includes the addition of search terms to the page title and copy of a web page, while “off-the-page” search engine optimization is concentrated around the acquisition of inbound links. An effective search engine optimization (SEO) campaign can result in top placements in the search results and lead to more targeted website traffic.
Image and Video Search Optimization
When web images and video are optimized for search, they can appear within Google, Bing or Yahoo! “main” search results and in prominent positions in the “vertical” image and video search engines and provide for an attractive additional website traffic source.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Overview
A strategic comprehensive search engine optimization program starts with the development of a SEO plan, including a website review, keyword research and selection, competitive analysis and a SEO tactical plan.
Attributes that contribute to content indexing and high rankings in search engine listings can be categorized into six major components:
- Keyword research
- Keyword optimization (SEO copywriting) of website content
- Web page construction, page code optimization and image search optimization
- Site architecture, URL structure, site navigation and internal link analysis
- Link popularity and external link analysis
- Web server configuration/Domain name issues/Duplicate content issues
Our goal is to rank a client’s website in top positions on the organic search result pages of the major search engines. We first identify the measurable client goals and objectives, then select the optimum target keywords and optimize the page content and/or create keyword-targeted information pages which we integrate into the website. Those pages are carefully crafted to target two to three keyword phrases. We also pay close attention to link building, specific strategies for increasing the number of inbound links from other websites, which result in higher rankings and more traffic.
The website content, page construction, site navigation, HTML coding, site architecture and page URL’s can have a significant impact on the ultimate success of a SEO. Therefore, as part of the search engine optimization effort, our SEO consultants will implement the website content, navigation and site architectural changes necessary to make it easy for search engines to index website content and to determine page relevancy for ranking.
Some top listings will appear in the search results within four to five days after submission when paid inclusion services are used. This is the case with websites submitted to Yahoo!, AllTheWeb and AltaVista through the Yahoo! Search Submit paid inclusion program. Free inclusion, (through a free crawl, without guaranteed listing, into Yahoo!, Google, Bing and other major search engines), may take up to six months for websites with new domain names. New website content pages and updates to existing web pages usually are crawled within 30 days and appear in the index and search results within two weeks to three months.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Services
Our search engine optimization program includes a detailed review of a prospective client’s website for the purpose of developing a search engine optimization strategy and implementation plan.
Website Analysis and Strategy Development
The website analysis and strategic development phase of our search engine optimization (SEO) services includes the following:
- Review of the client’s goals for visibility and website’s objectives
- Assessment of website usability, content and messaging, visual design, customer communication and feedback
- Thorough research of a website’s online competition, in terms of visibility across the target keyword phrases and the identification of other opportunities within the search engine space
- Conduct competitive link analysis
- Identify the search terms under which the website should be found
- Generate a complete report on the current standing of the website’s rankings for those search terms
- Conduct a website code, architecture and site navigation review to determine that search engine are able to crawl the website correctly
- Evaluate any web server configuration or domain name and duplicate content issues that may prohibit search engine crawlers from correctly crawling and indexing the website
- Identify HTML code and page conditions that may cause spiders to remove the site from the index due to unintentional spamming
- Develop a search engine optimization (SEO) implementation plan
Search Engine Optimization Implementation
Our implementation process includes, but is not limited to, the following steps:
- Writing and implementation or editing of page titles and meta tags
- Implementation of search engine “friendly” coding, site navigation and website structural changes to make it easy for search engines to crawl the content of web pages and determine their relevancy for ranking
- Fixing broken links and eliminating your error messages
- Development of high quality content optimized for humans and search engines and templates for keyword-targeted content pages
- Integration of keyword-targeted content pages into main website. We include links on these pages to guide the search engine spider through the website content
- Acquire inbound links from popular related websites and web directories and through link baiting campaigns to improve link popularity
Any payments to the search engines in the form of paid inclusion fees are quoted separately. webRulon does not mark up any paid inclusion fees.
Image Search Optimization
Our process for image search optimization at Google, Yahoo, AOL Search, Ask and Bing includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Image files naming with relevant search-friendly and keyword-rich file names
- Implementation of relevant keyword-rich ALT and TITLE attribute descriptions
- Writing and placement of keyword-optimized photo captions
When a hosted website video is properly optimized and crawled by the video search engines or posted to social media networking and video sharing websites, it can reach a large viewing audience for a minimal investment.
More and more web users are using general-purpose search engines, video search engines and the search function within social networking and video sharing sites to find video clips. This is causing a shift in the practice of search engine optimization from primarily text-based content optimization to optimization of integrated media components such video.
From an implementation standpoint video optimization or video SEO fall into two distinctive categories: hosted or website video SEO and posted video SEO
Website video SEO focuses primarily on on-page text optimization of the page the video resides on and video meta-data optimization because most video search engine crawlers cannot determine from the video content what the video is about.
Posted video SEO primarily deals with preparing video for the requirements of the social networking or online video sharing websites (e.g. YouTube, Revver) that the video will be uploaded to and hosted on.
Before starting with video search optimization it is important to develop a plan that describes the video requirements of the video search engines, video sharing websites and social networking sites to which the video is going to be submitted. This is an important first step because the search engines are all different and the video specifications of each search engine and social networking site is unique. The video optimization plan should at least include keyword research to identify the most popular keywords that are related to the video content and subject of the video and video production requirements, e.g. which file format(s) to use. To cover all bases offer three video formats (Flash, Windows Media file and QuickTime) when posting video on a web page and one format (e.g. Flash) for submission of video files to social networking and video sharing sites should be used.
Our video search optimization services include the following components:
Website video SEO
- Video SEO keyword research and planning
- Video page text optimization using basic SEO tactics
- In-file video meta data optimization
- Video XML site map construction and submission
- RSS/MRSS feeds
- Video file name optimization
- Link building
Posted video SEO
- Video SEO keyword research and planning
- In-file video meta data optimization
- Submitting video files by upload, including writing keyword-rich titles, descriptions, and keyword tagging
Contact us or call 1-800-385-7140, ext 3 for more information.
Monthly Search Engine Maintenance Program
Once web pages have been indexed in the natural or organic listings of the major crawler-based search engines, they may maintain their top-ranking positions for a long time. However, since the search engines constantly change, the methods they use to determine page rankings, web pages may also decline in position quickly or get dropped completely. To maintain top-ranking positions once they have been established, we offer a Monthly Search Engine Maintenance Program.
This service includes:
- Monthly monitoring and reporting on ranking positions (ranking report)
- Re-optimization of any pages that have declined in position or have been dropped from the search engine index at AOL Search, Bing, Google, Ask and Yahoo!
- Development of additional keyword-targeted information pages for keywords currently not targeted
- Maintenance of existing links and acquisition of additional inbound links from popular and related websites and social media websites to improve link popularity
- Monitoring of search engine business activities such as strategic alliances, joint ventures, new business models and how this may affect rankings in the major crawler-based search engines and web directories
Benefits of SEO
- Higher website conversion rates and more revenue or web leads through better keyword targeting
- More targeted website traffic from cost-free clicks through improved rankings in the search results
- Additional search engine visibility for many keyword combinations related to the core keyword phrases
- Organic search engine listings can triple the click-through rate for the same keywords when they appear with paid search listings on the same page
Image & Video Search Optimization
Website images and video that has been optimized for search engines and social networking websites can generate a steady stream of web traffic, leads, boost brand-awareness and can good be a good tactic for getting more inbound links. Our services for image and video optimization includes:
- Image Search Optimization
- Image files naming with keyword-rich file names
- Implementation of keyword-rich ALT and TITLE attribute descriptions
- Writing and placement of keyword optimized photo captions
- Flickr photo page optimization
- Video Search Optimization
- Video search optimization planning, including preparing the video for the requirements of the search engines, photo sharing and social networking sites the video will be uploaded and hosted
- Video file meta data optimization
- Watermarking and video thumbnail creation
- Video page content optimization
- Video sitemap construction
Crawler-based Search Engines
Search engines are using spider software programs to crawl the content of websites. After a website has been crawled the search engines will index the site content in the search database and determine the relevancy and ranking of the page in the organic search results based on a proprietary algorithm. The top-4 search engines cover about 95 percent of all online searches performed on the Internet. Those search engines include:
- Microsoft Live Search
- AOL Search
Paid Inclusion Search Engines
Paid inclusion programs guarantee inclusion and deep listing in the search engine organic listings for a fee. It does not guarantee a particular position in the search results. Being more deeply listed can help web pages to be more likely to appear in response to a wide range of search queries. In addition to guaranteed inclusion, search engines are offering paid inclusion clients more frequent spidering of their website, allowing fine-tuning of search engine optimization efforts.
Yahoo! offers URL and trusted feed paid inclusion through the Search Submit program. URL paid inclusion is designed for websites that require guaranteed indexing of individual pages. Following payment of an annual review fee per URL, the Yahoo crawler visits and indexes the pages frequently (typically every 48 hours). In addition to an annual fee Website owners also pay an additional flat fee each time someone clicks on one of the paid inclusion listings.
Yahoo’s trusted feed or "bulk" inclusion program allows submission of thousands of URL’s. This program operates primarily on a cost-per-click basis. Rather than paying an annual review fee and for each click, site owners only pay when someone clicks on one of the paid inclusion listings.
Learn more about Paid Inclusion Management.
All search engines rely on "link analysis" in addition to traditional information retrieval techniques to help determine relevancy, and thereby ranking, of web pages. "Link popularity" is only part of the link analysis system. Link popularity refers to the number of inbound links a website receives from external websites and does not take into account the quality and context of links. With a link analysis system a link from a major directory like Yahoo! or a well-known, trusted and related website is seen as far more valuable than a link to your site from an unknown, unrelated website.
Benefits of Image SEO
- Increased website visibility and web traffic from vertical image search at Google, Yahoo, AOL Search, Ask and Microsoft Live Search
- Prominent placement within Google’s "main" search results
- Limited competition for the top-spots in the image search results
- Additional opportunities for brand-awareness building
PPC Search Management
webRulon offers in-depth expertise and tools for the launch and management of pay-per-click (PPC) search campaigns at Yahoo! Search Marketing, Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter. We provide all-inclusive PPC campaign management services covering the entire life cycle of your PPC advertising efforts, including account set-up, keyword research and selection, ad copy writing, keyword bidding, bid management across multiple PPC search ad networks, monitoring of incoming traffic up to click-to-sales or click-to-lead conversion, and ROI analysis.
PPC (pay-per-click) search advertising programs offer online advertisers an immediate way to generate targeted website traffic by buying sponsored links at Google AdWords, Yahoo Sponsored Search, Microsoft AdCenter and other 2nd-tier syndicated ad networks. When sponsored links are accepted in the ad networks, they appear on the search result pages of Google, Yahoo Bing and a variety of other syndicated partner search engines.
To get listed in the pay-per-click sponsored listings, advertisers first set up an account at the pay-per-click ad networks. Once an account has been established, advertisers compete against each other through an auction style bidding system for ranking on keyword phrases in the sponsored ad listings. A combination of bid-per-click price and ad click-through rate achieves a certain placement within the sponsored listings on the results pages at Yahoo.com, Bing, Google.com, AOL Search and other syndicated ad network partner sites. Advertisers have a high degree of control over the amount they are willing to bid for each keyword and their position in the listings, although on Google AdWords, Yahoo Sponsored Search and Microsoft AdCenter, advertisers can’t control whether they’re in the top positions simply by boosting their payments per click.
Technically, pay-per-click listings or sponsored links are free and advertisers only pay for clicks (visitors) they receive from the search engine listing. The exact position of the sponsored links on the search result page may vary from engine-to-engine. Sometimes they appear above or to the right of the unpaid natural or organic listings, at other times, they appear at the bottom.
PPC Search Management Services
Our PPC search management services are more than just a keyword bidding solution. We offer a complete PPC campaign management program, including campaign strategy, keyword research, developing/testing of text ads and landing pages, campaign set-up, bid management and ROI tracking including phone lead and phone sales tracking, reporting, campaign assessment and recommendations for further improvement. We actively work with our clients to manage their pay-per-click campaigns to ensure they meet their online marketing goals.
Keyword research is performed to establish a list of keyword phrases that are relevant to the advertisers’ product and/or services and is an important first step in the pay-per-click keyword submission process. When the right keyword phrases are targeted the Web users visiting the website will be highly qualified and highly motivated to buy or request information.
PPC Campaign and Bid Management Set-up
PPC campaign and bid management set-up customers to define the keywords they want to target, write customized text ads for each keyword or group of keywords, as well as select the web page(s) and/or landing page(s) they want to direct the traffic to. PPC campaign and bid management set-up includes the following:
- Account registration and activation
- Installation of URL tracking code for click-to-lead or click-to-sales conversions
- Assessment of maximum average bid cost, projected rank position for each selected keyword phrase, estimated monthly number of click-throughs and ad budget
- Determine daily/monthly campaign budget. Monthly advertising budgets can be fixed for the entire month and will not exceed the allocated amounts
- Grouping of selected keyword phrases into themed ad groups
- Writing unique headlines and ad text for each ad or ad group in accordance to the submission guidelines
- Keyword data and text ad entry
- Linking ads to the relevant website page(s) and/or landing page(s)
- Setting maximum bids for each keyword or keyword group, daily budget amounts, ad run schedule, keyword matching options and ad serving options
- Day parting set-up by scheduling what days and times ads will run
- Resolving any problems regarding rejected ads
- Phone call tracking to monitor and track phone calls and leads generated via PPC campaigns. Phone call tracking set-up includes: account creation with personal customer login, phone number assignment and implementation of PPC trackable phone numbers on all PPC landing pages. webRulon is not responsible for qualifying phone calls
* Top-10 to top-12 Google.com sponsored ads can also appear in prominent positions on the search result pages at AOL Search, EarthLink and other syndicated Google AdWords partner networks.
Contact us or call 1-800-385-7140, ext 3 for more information.
Landing Page Optimization and Development
Landing page optimization and development services are designed to improve the content quality of existing landing pages and build new landing pages to improve the “quality score” and conversion rate.
PPC Campaign Management and Analysis
The PPC Campaign Management and Analysis program includes the following features:
- Daily monitoring of keyword performance (traffic, sales, cost per acquisition and return on investment numbers), keyword evaluation and adding, removing and reconfiguring of keyword phrases, ad groups and ad copy to grow the total number of productive keyword phrases on a monthly basis
- Monitoring of pre-set daily and monthly ad budgets
- Ongoing optimizing of keyword bids for bid positions that yield the best return on pre-determined business objectives, e.g. Cost per Acquisition (CPA), Profit Margin (PM) and Return on Investment (ROI)
- Periodic campaign structural reorganization by breaking existing ad groups into separate groups, with new ads and different landing pages
- Create and test multiple ads for each keyword or keyword group to improve average click-through rate, raise average position and decrease cost-per-click
- Ongoing monitoring of lost impression share due to insufficient budget or due to poor Ad Rank (Google AdWords only)
- Incorporate and expand the current campaign with new landing pages as required
- Quarterly evaluation of the competition, keyword fluctuations and forecasting of the upcoming quarter, based upon historical data along with seasonal market considerations
- “Live” telephone consulting as needed to discuss recommendations and changes to the keyword set, bid amounts, bid positions, bid rules, ad run schedule, keyword matching options and changes to the daily ad budget
- Monthly ROI reports via email for monitoring of campaign activity and results, including cost per click (CPC), number of visitors, leads and sales
Contact us or call 1-800-385-7140, ext 3 for more information.
Pay-Per-Click Program Offerings
Our pay-per-click (PPC) management service includes the following components:
- PPC search campaign strategy
- Keyword research and selection
- Ad creative development
- Campaign set-up
- Bid management and ROI tracking
- Landing page optimization and development
- Campaign management and analysis
- Transparent billing – separated ad budgets and management fees
- Dedicated "live" PPC account manager
When to use PPC?
- Use a pay-per-click campaign when you need quick results. A pay-per-click campaign at Yahoo Sponsored Search and Microsoft adCenter can be implemented within two weeks. A Google AdWords campaign can be up and running immediately after the keywords and campaign data has been submitted.
- Pay-per-click campaigns are ideal when you need to run short seasonal promotions and need to be able to turn campaigns on and off quickly.
- A pay-per-click campaign is a good solution when you cannot make the necessary search engine optimization changes to a website.
- Pay-per-click gives you tight control over the content of titles and descriptions and where the listing appears on the results page.
We have extensive experience developing search engine marketing programs in the following specialty areas:
- Real Estate
Local Search Marketing
Local search marketing allows businesses and advertisers to use Internet Yellow Pages, local Web directories and search engines to geographically target Web users within their local areas rather then nationwide. Local search business listings and advertising can be highly effective because they can be targeted very precisely to the search terms and location provided by the user.
Localized, Targeted, & Intelligent Marketing Services
Our local internet marketing strategies can help small, local businesses drastically increase their web presence, local marketing techniques can also help drive qualified traffic to national services and sites.
More and more Internet users rely on local search to provide them with information on products and services before they buy, while local businesses increasingly see the Internet as an emerging advertising opportunity.
Local search engine marketing is a mixture of online marketing tactics, procedures and techniques consisting of local organic search engine optimization, web directory submission, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising and Internet Yellow Page business listings submission used to promote products and services to local Internet users.
Local search engine marketing offers the following important benefits to small businesses:
- Generate highly qualified leads and sales from local customers
- Boost local offline sales – an increasing number of people search the web for products and services they buy in a physical store
- Low cost per lead compared to print Yellow Pages and Direct Mail
Unfortunately, many small businesses that want to advertise online often don’t have the time or expertise to do so effectively. webRulon offers small businesses an integrated approach to local online advertising that simplifies the set-up and management of an entire campaign with one fixed, consolidated monthly service bill at the end of the month.
Local Search Engine Marketing Program
We take responsibility for all elements involved in creating and managing a local search engine marketing campaign. We develop customized, result-oriented, local search engine marketing programs that tightly integrate search engine optimization, directory submission, pay-per-click as well as Internet Yellow Page advertising with maximum ROI.
We take care of your complete campaign set-up and management from initial planning, keyword research, keyword submission, bid management, ROI tracking and reporting across multiple search engine marketing components. webRulon does everything for you so that you can focus on running your business.
Local Organic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Organic search engine optimization is the employment of both “on-the-page” and “off-the-page” tactics to raise the position of a website across a defined set of keyword phrases in the main search results of search engines.
Search engine optimization typically includes keyword research and selection, meta tag development and implementation, website and content optimization, link building and campaign results reporting.
Local organic search engine optimization is the addition of search terms with local keyword modifiers to the titles, meta descriptions and copy of a website. By adding this local information to a keyword query, prospective customers will be able to locate local products and services when they perform a search.
Local Search Engines
Optimization of local search listings at Yahoo! Local, Google Maps/Local and Bing Maps/Local requires a different approach. Local search listings are generated from a compiled search index, which includes information from web crawls, business profile data provided by InfoUSA, Axciom, Amacai and other business listings. Basic keyword optimization of accurate, up-to-date business profile data are crucial since relevancy ranking in the local search results is based on information compiled from the web crawl of web pages, structured business profile data, user reviews and the distance from the approximate center of the geographic information entered in the search box.
Local Directory Submission
Local directory submission involves submitting of business profile information or the URL of a website to a local directory or the local sections of general web directories for inclusion in their search index. Directories often employ human editors to review website submissions and have those editors edit site titles, description summaries and other website information and place these pages in categories that are relevant to them. Website listings appear on the directory’s search result page when the users of those directories query keywords embedded in the titles and summary descriptions.
webRulon offers a directory submission service that includes research to determine the most appropriate categories that apply to the submitted page content, as well as the composition of keyword-rich titles and summary descriptions, including local keyword modifiers, compatible with the editorial guidelines of the directory.
Local directory listings are important because they generate direct traffic to a website. Direct external links from web directory listings also increase website link popularity and ranking in organic search engine listings. Special local business directories that are included in this program are: CitySearch, Judy’s Book, ThinkLocal, Local.com, OpenList, Kudzu and YellowBot.
Local Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising
Local pay-per-click advertising offers advertisers an immediate way to generate qualified local website traffic by buying sponsored links on the search result pages at Yahoo, Bing and Google.
To get listed in pay-per-click search engines advertisers bid against each other for ranking on keyword phrases through an auction-style bidding system. A combination of bid-per-click price and ad click-through rate achieves a certain placement on the search results page. If a site link is placed in the top positions at the Yahoo Search Marketing, Google AdWords or Microsoft adCenter ad networks, the link also appears in prominent positions at Google Maps, Yahoo! Local, and Bing Maps.
The pay-per-click advertising submission program includes: program set-up, keyword research, budget and pricing analysis, ad creation, bid management, ROI tracking and landing page optimization.
Internet Yellow Pages Advertising
Internet Yellow Page Directories are online versions of traditional printed Yellow Pages. They contain local business listings and advertising. The major Internet Yellow Page Directories provide a cost effective solution to businesses seeking to attract local customers via the Web. The advertiser typically pays a fixed cost per month on an annual contract.
Many Internet Yellow Page listings are also appearing near the top within the organic search results at Yahoo and Google on local keyword searches.
webRulon offers a comprehensive Internet Yellow Page Directory program supporting submission to the following Internet Yellow Page Directories:
- Yahoo Yellow Pages
Our experienced search engine marketing specialists can help you determine which Internet Yellow Pages Directory listings are most appropriate for your local search advertising media mix. Internet Yellow Page Directory listings also appear on hundreds of partner websites.
webRulon is offering this compelling local advertising medium to local small-to-medium size businesses as well as national advertisers. We can offer a complete integrated local search engine marketing program or provide only one specific component.
Search marketing campaign management is an essential part of the local search engine marketing effort. It provides merchants and site operators with a full-service search engine marketing solution, including the ability to measure and analyze the results of a local campaign across crawler-based search engines, web directories, Internet Yellow Pages and pay-per-click search ad networks. Detailed campaign reports provide advertisers with an insight on which areas of the campaign are working and which need to be improved.
Web Design and Hosting
webRulon offers web design and hosting services for those businesses that want to take part in local online advertising, but do not have a website. We offer a wide range of options from a simple landing page to comprehensive promotional or e-commerce websites.
Featured Local Business Listings
Do you have optimized Google Local Business Center listings? If not, then you’re missing out on not only a great SEO opportunity, but free advertising. You can even tie your free lisiting in with paid Local Business ads on Google (see ad on bottom of map). Google is beginning to place local business listings in the top of organic results, so don’t let others win your brand traffic…contact us today.
If you think your business could benefit from a larger web presence on a local, or national basis, then webRulon can help. We use our knowledge of the internet marketing space to focus your campaigns to realize specific goals, whether those be localized or global. Contact us today for more information, or for a quote on the services you require.
Local search marketing offers local advertisers the following multiple benefits at an affordable price:
- Strengthen local brand awareness
- Increase local online traffic and sales
- Generate local leads
- Boost local offline sales
- Reduce sales and marketing cost
- One stop source for aggregated local search engine marketing
Local Search Listings:
Internet Yellow Pages Business Listings:
Local Business Directories:
Business Data Aggregators:
- Local organic search engine optimization
- Local search engine optimization
- Local directory submission
- Local PPC advertising through Yahoo Search Marketing, Google AdWords and Microsoft adCenter Regional Targeting and Google Maps, Yahoo Local and MSN Live Search Maps
- Internet Yellow Page business listings
- Promotional and e-commerce websites
- Complete campaign planning, set-up, management and reporting
- Expert search marketing campaign management and consulting
- Brand messaging
- Ad copy writing
- Ongoing campaign management
- Bid management and ROI tracking
- Website analytics
- Landing page optimization
- Conversion and ROI analysis
As more websites want the top spots on search results pages at Google, Yahoo, Microsoft Bing and search engine algorithms increasingly rely on link popularity to determine the placement within the search listings, a comprehensive link building program becomes an absolute necessity for any search engine optimization (SEO) program.
Link popularity and link analysis are a major factor in the relevancy algorithms that rank web pages in the organic search results of the major search engines. The numbers of inbound links to a website determine the link popularity, while link analysis evaluates which websites are linking to a site and the readable anchor text in the link itself. All incoming links are not the same. Inbound links from websites with related on-topic content carry much more weight then off-topic links.
Increasing the number of relevant inbound links with descriptive keyword-rich text in the link (anchor text) is the most important activity one can engage in to boost the rankings of a website in the organic search engine listings.
Link Building Campaigns
One way to boost link popularity is to obtain free inbound links from other related websites. This activity is time-consuming and entails identifying potential partner sites, contacting them to request a link, sometimes returning a link and following up. Another option is buying text link ads on related websites or paying for inclusion in general second-tier web directories. Link baiting is a fairly new method of link building, where website owners or bloggers place specific, often amazing, linkable content on their websites and submit this content to Digg and other content voting websites to attract links from other websites, blogs or social network sites.
Understanding and choosing between the various link building methods may seem complicated, but based on the clients’ goals and constraints choosing the most appropriate combination of link building tactics is quite achievable.
Link Building Program
webRulon has developed an effective link building program that includes a link request program, that solicits quality inbound links, the submission of websites to second-tier web directories for the acquisition of one-way incoming links, buying text ad links and link baiting.
Link Request Program
The Link Request program includes the following:
- Extensive search for appropriate non-competitive link sites covering the same “theme” or similar products to request links from.
- Sending personalized email messages to the appropriate contact person to request the link. Supplying all link information, including keyword-rich anchor text, a description, website title and exact URL.
- Following up and verifying whether a link has been granted. Repeating the request when the initial attempt was not successful.
- Logging and tracking all link request information including site name, URL, contact person, date the link has been requested, and more.
We never use link farms or other unethical link building practices. All links will be inbound with no commitment for reciprocal linking from the customers’ website without prior approval. We do not use any automated software, all work is done manually by hand.
Note that we can only guarantee the number of inbound links we’ll obtain if customers are willing to post a page of reciprocal links on their website.
Web Directory Submission
We often start a link building campaign with securing links from primarily free and paid web directories. Directory links provide a good foundation for a link building campaign because they provide one-way themed backlinks.
Directory submission involves submitting the URL of a website or web pages to the appropriate category of the directory. Some directories employ human editors who review websites submissions, edit site titles and description summaries and place these pages in categories that are relevant to them. Most directories charge a one-time, or annual, inclusion fee.
Buying Text Ad Links
Buying text link advertising space on high quality relevant websites is an effective method of link building. Text link ads typically appear in an “Advertising Section” or “Sponsored Links” area of popular vertical marketing websites. They not only contribute, through the inbound links, to the link popularity of a website, but also generate qualified traffic.
Linkbait creation is the development of linkable content and tools such as a search engine crawler simulator, link analysis tools or a keyword discovery program, designed to attract links from blogs, websites or social media websites.
Our link baiting service typically starts with collecting the clients’ objectives and goals followed by link bait idea development. When the link bait has been developed and implemented on the website it will be promoted online via email and on social media web sites to generate exposure and attract links.
A comprehensive link building program translates into the following benefits:
- Generate targeted website traffic
- Increased link popularity and thereby higher rankings in the organic search engine listings
- Lifts brand-awareness because branded keywords appear in the anchor text of the link
Link popularity is a measure of the quantity and quality of other websites that link to a specific site. This means that a small number of links from authoritative, on-theme websites contribute more to the link popularity of a website, than a large number of links from non-authoritative and unrelated websites.
Link analysis is not the same thing as link popularity. Link analysis evaluates the links between sites. It is used by several search engines as part of the ranking algorithm and allows the engines to determine the importance of each inbound link and understand the context of the link, e.g. whether the link is related to the subject matter of the website it points to.
Link context is another important aspect of link analysis. Link context analyzes how close a link appears on a page to keywords within the text of that page, therefore a text link that appears within a paragraph of text is usually a better than a link in the navigation section of the site.
Web Directory & Internet Yellow Pages Submission
Submitting the URL’s of a website or web pages to major web directories and a large number of second-tier general and niche web directories is an effective way of acquiring inbound links to increase website link popularity and top placement in the organic search results listings at Google, Yahoo! and Microsoft Live Search.
Internet Yellow Pages directories provide a cost effective solution to local and national businesses seeking to attract local customers via the Web.
Web Directory & Internet Yellow Pages Submission
Directory submission involves submitting the URL of a website or web pages to general and vertical web directories and Internet Yellow Pages for inclusion in their search indexes. Directories employ human editors to review websites’ submissions and have those editors edit site titles and description summaries and place these pages in categories that are relevant to them. Website listings appear on the directory result pages when the users perform search queries using keywords that are embedded in the titles and summary descriptions of the web sitelistings.
General Web Directories
Submission to directories requires research to determine the most appropriate categories that apply to the submitted page content, as well as to the composition of keyword-rich titles and summary descriptions compatible with the editorial guidelines of the directory. Page titles and summary descriptions written in the “style” of the directory editor have a greater chance of being accepted with minimal or no editing.
All major general directories, except for Open Directory, and many 2nd-tier directories, follow the paid inclusion model. In return for the paid inclusion fee, editors review newly submitted sites for a possible inclusion in the directory. Most sites that comply with the editorial guidelines and have good content are usually accepted.
Directory submission services include the following:
- Analyzing the directories to determine which categories competitors are listed, and what type of descriptions their sites have.
- Identifying the appropriate directory categories for your website.
- Review and fix broken links and other errors that may hinder submission of the website.
- Determine the keywords to be included in the page titles and site summary descriptions.
- Compose titles and site summary descriptions for your site, according to the directory’s submission guidelines.
- Submission of the website to the Yahoo! Directory, Business.com, ODP and a large number of second-tier directories.
- Verify that the website has been accepted into the correct category and follow up with search editors to reverse any changes to the listings that deem inconsistent with your marketing goals.
Currently, Yahoo! and Business.com are charging a $299.00 annual inclusion fee to get listed in their directory. Annual website inclusion fees for general and vertical second-tier directories range from $20 to $100.
Internet Yellow Pages
Internet Yellow Page Directories are online versions of traditional printed Yellow Pages that contain local business listings and Yellow Page advertising. The major Internet Yellow Page Directories provide a cost-effective solution to businesses seeking to attract local customers via the Web.
Internet Yellow Page Directories not only drive local traffic naturally from their business listing, but also many Yellow Page listings are also appearing near the top within the organic search results at Yahoo and Google on local keyword searches. This is the result of algorithm changes at Google, search technology at Yahoo and the effort Switchboard, YellowPages.com, SuperPages.com and other Yellow Page directories put in to make their business listings more spider-friendly.
Our Directory Submission program supports the following Internet Yellow Page Directories:
- Magic Yellow
- Yahoo Local Yellow Pages
Internet Yellow Page Directory listings also appear on hundreds of partners’ websites.
Our experienced search engine marketing specialists can help you determine which Internet Yellow Pages Directory listings are most appropriate for your local search advertising media mix.
webRulon does not mark up any directory charges.
Submitting the URL’s of a website or web pages to the major directories and a large number of second tier general and targeted vertical directories is an effective way of generating website traffic and inbound links to increase website link popularity and ranking in the national search engine listings.
Internet Yellow Pages
Internet Yellow Pages provide a cost effective solution to businesses seeking to attract local customers via the Web. We support the following Internet Yellow Page Directories:
Search Marketing Benefits
- Increase Website traffic and sales
- Convert visitors into sales and leads
- Reduce online marketing expense
- Treat marketing cost like an investment
- Reduce time spent on campaign monitoring/management
- Manage keywords, ads, and other information in one place
- Maximize ROI across all search marketing programs
- Improve ROI by serving content based off search keywords
Ready to start promoting your products and services? Talk to us today!
We are currently offering a free 30 minute phone consultation to discuss your online marketing needs.Get Started!